Bicalutamide Tablets are essentially a hormone therapy that is classified under anti-androgen. These Bicalutamide Tablets are often prescribed along with LHRH agonist in a combination for effective results. Bicalutamide Tablets should be taken under the supervision of a medical practitioner. We offer Bicalutamide Tablets in blister packing.
Drug Class and Mechanism :
- Bicalutamide is an oral medication that is used for treating cancer of the prostate.
- It belongs to a class of drugs called anti-androgens which include flutamide (eulexin) and nilutamide (nilandron).
- Male traits that also are influenced by androgens include facial and body hair and small breasts
- They are responsible for supporting (stimulating) tissues that primarily are thought of as male, for example, the male prostate gland.
- Androgens (an example of which is testosterone) are hormones that are produced and released by the adrenal glands.
- Anti-androgens prevent the action of androgens by blocking the receptors for androgens on the cells of tissues, for example, the cells of the prostate gland.
- Bicalutamide is thought to prevent the growth of prostate cancer by blocking the effects of androgens on the cancer cells.
- In addition to normal prostate cells, androgens also have been shown to stimulate the growth of cancer cells within the prostate.